Torque wrench

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 07:27:47 -0400

>I've been looking for a small inch pound torque wrench for measuring pin
>tension. APSCO used to carry one but discontinued it. Does anyone know of a
>good source for one.

You're right, APSCo no longer carries the 1/4" tuning pin socket
which will fit onto the 1/4" drive torque wrench available anywhere.
You could try having your local machinist weld a tuning tip onto an
appropriately sized 1/4" drive 12 point socket. I'll now start
watching out for my own 1/4" drive tp socket, knowing that it's no
longer a catalog item.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

098783  EA   Hamburg Tuning Pins 4/0  2-1/2.......$72.00
T5591600  1PC  Key Flame Guide
     ...........My two favorite catalog items (Steinway 4/96, and
Yamaha
         respectively)