MirrApiano Joker Piano

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 06:49:59 -0400

Terry,

I tuned one of these two years ago, a 1924 Marshall & Wendell cutdown upright.
My guess is that someone came up with and used the name to try to gain a
marketing edge over competitors.  We still have a number of cutdowns in this
area done by various people.  Some of them are still pretty good for their age,
while others are developing serious problems such as defects in the pinblock.

Ever have a piano equipped with "Practiano" or something like that?  A fancy
name for the muffler bar, as near as I can tell.  Chalk it up to human
ingenuity.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA, USA