Disposable German Pianos

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 22:42:00 -0400

I thought the following excerpt from a book titled "Nicholas and Alexandra"
by Robert K. Massie might give a few of y'all a chuckle, or a pause. The
excerpt is addressing anti German sentiment in Russia during the early days
of World War I.

"The police could or would do nothing....I stood and watched while hooligans
sacked the leading piano store of Moscow.  Bechsteins, Bluthners, grand
pianos, baby grands, and uprights, were hurled one by one from the various
stories to the ground."

Boy, I wish I could have been there with a net! Ya gotta be pretty upset
with a nationality to do something like that.....especially when you
consider what you were left with (did they make Estonias back then?).

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com