Tutorials

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 22:49:33 EDT

In a message dated 4/06/2001 8:32:42 PM, Z wrote:

<<" I'm not looking for actual dollar amounts ... just a means for
calculating a fair charge per student.">>

Hmmm Z an interesting question.................
You have gotten some good answers so far so a "means" formula of some sort is
what needs to be put forth?
 OK lets say you charge 10 dollars for a 'tuning' and a normal tuning takes 1
hour 20 minutes, to include drive time. That would make for an 'hourly' rate
of $7.50

so....hourly rate X hours of instruction / number of students=
hr X hi / ns = (in this instance)
4 X 7.50 / 4 = 7.50 per student
 In this example since hours and students are both 4 it comes out even but
using the same formula and three students the cost would be 10 per student
and for five it would be 6 per................
Z even at 60 dollars per hour it would break down to only 15 dollars per hour
per student and that is very modest...in my opinion.
Just a thought.
Jim Bryant (FL)