CA and Bridge Pins

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 21:14:46 -0600

Hi Richard,
I like very much your idea of using a wire brush to clean off the excess
glue.
To somewhat avoid this I tip the piano to 45% which sort of puts the bridge
notch at a quasi level. Having the piano up to pitch the glue is not drawn
up into the speaking length after a pitch raise.
I do feel that there might be an advantage to having the piano at pitch so
that the loose pin will have a larger point of entry for the glue and also
CA glue is not sheer resistant like epoxy.
I have been considering changing to epoxy for smell reasons but as the epoxy
will not do the wicking for tuning pins and the CA is already in hand
perhaps the investment in a good mask for breathing will do.
Joe Goss