Prop stick - Yamaha G1

Terry L Jack tjack@pacinfo.com
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 20:21:26 -0700

I have a client with a Yamaha G1. The screws that mount the propstick hinge
to the case have stripped out.  Somewhere along the line someone has moved
the hinge over a bit and drilled new holes.  These holes are now stripping
out also.  Even if they were not, the alignment is way off and is putting
everything in a bind.

What is the best way to repair this? I was thinking about drilling out the
damaged wood and gluing in a piece of doweling to provide solid wood to
mount the hinge bracket.  Thought I'd better take advantage of all the
experience here before I get carried away. *grin*

Thanks

Terry Jack
Asso Member
Eugene, OR chapter