Steam revisited

Tue, 28 Nov 2000 08:54:40 +0100

Hi Greg... actually it was the first thing I did after reading your post. From the
pictures I cant think this thing would work. Looks far to clumsy an apparatus for
voicing purposes....at least the kind of voicing I have in mind... but I suppose I
would have to see one of these things up close to be sure.

Rogers basic approach is very sound and predicable. I personally am uncomfortable
with a damp cloth draping over so many hammers at a time for the time it takes to
zap them, so I use my finger brush technique. I find it easier to be sure of where
I am applying steam when I can see each individual hammer, tho this is probably
just a personal preference thing.

A steam injector seems like a good idea on the surface of it, but as for me it is
untried. And if I was going to try it, I would like to see a tool developed for
precisely this purpose.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.