sluggish aeolian spinet action

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 00:50:46 -0800

At 07:13 PM 11/27/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi LIst,
>
>     I have to work on a Hallet & Davis Aeolian spinet.  The action is very
>sluggish <snip>
>     Would the real solution be to reflange all the culprits, this isn't an
>easy task being a spinet.

If a little dose of hair dryer and a dampp chaser rod aren't enough, I
bite the bullet, take the action home, and repin all the hammer centers.
Plus I zap or repin any slow jack and wippen centers I find. It takes
awhile, but I've seen too many truly seized actions from someone spraying
in some magic potion. If you just do the whole thing, it is fixed, and
the sluggishness won't come back to plague you.

Susan