American vs Canadian efficiency

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 01:01:54 -0600

Hi Del,
          We are more efficient than that, only 35 Days from start to
finish.  Then 4yrs of broken promises. At least we are the same in that dept.
Our attention span could not take all that primary stuff.  When a recount
is needed, every vote is counted by hand, each party is allowed an
observer, and the electoral officer is god. But they have very clear guide
lines, re spoiled ballots.
You must be the only country in the western world that can stop the
counting before ALL votes are counted.
This came as big suprise for me, and most observers in truly democratic
nations.
Unfortunately this a glitch that I'm sure will be settled fairly.
Well are elections are over, so we will get back to American headlines in
the news.
Roger

At 10:20 PM 27/11/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Didn't someone point out that your politicians 'stand' for election and it
>takes about two months.  Down here, they 'run' for election and it takes
>about two years.  (Plus, this time, a couple of extra months to count.)
>
>Del

Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.
306-665-0213