Recent widow looking at piano business

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Sun, 14 May 2000 09:40:11 -0400

Re:

> << Thanks -- Veda Mallory >>
> Veda,

Sorry to hear about your loss. Regarding your dilemma:
I suggest you contact the North Bennett Street School in Boston, and see if there
are any first (or second year) students ready to relocate for a full time job. If
you've managed the business, you should be able to figure out a wage you can
offer that will allow you to continue managing the business, and start doing some
shop work too. Or, if finances allow it, talk to the school about attending there
yourself. Several people have written about the "prohibitive" costs of attending
a full time program, but their tuition is about $10K. Not much to learn a great
trade.
Also: join the PTG as an Associate member, and register for and attend the PTG
annual Institute at Arlington, VA. Doing this is really a "no brainer". If after
a week of classes, and associating with hundreds of other tuner-technicans you
don't feel that "this is what I want to do!", you can go on to other
opportunities. Many people change careers, into this field, at your (about my age
too) age.