Recent widow looking at piano business

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Sun, 14 May 2000 09:56:15 -0400

Hello Veda,

The widow of a chapter member we lost some years ago called upon Toronto chapter members for advice. A team of three volunteers assessed shop tools, work in progress, inventory and potential. The lady was absolutely delighted with the evaluation and suggestions she received. One of our newer members at the time made an offer to take over the business and all has worked out very well. Your unfortunate dilemma is something many of us will face or cause to be reckoned with.

After a failed stint in retail, I returned to service in 1994 after a nine year absence. Whilst I was rebuilding the service end here, I had considered the idea of "filling in" for others who had come down with injury, sickness or an untimely demise. Just as a relief pitcher performs in baseball, I believe their is a market for a relief tuner in our industry.

I once "sold" my service practice at a time when I had decided that retail was an easier life. In spite of a bad personal decision, I'd be glad to share some of the details should you wish to post me privately.

Together with sympathy, best wishes are extended to you and family.

John Lillico, RPT
Oakville, ON  Canada