Stuck to bench top

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 16:51:11 -0400

I got stuck on a bench top today. Before I tell you the memory it brought backto me, I want to ask,:
What causes the heat from one's butt to stick to some bench top finishes?
Is there anything that can be sprayed over the finish?
Should a bench be sitting with the hinge toward or away from the piano?

Now, for the rest of the story.

Many moons ago when I was much slimmer and more casual, and unaware to me, I was becoming adhered to the bench. As you know, many benches are just chock-full of music, books and bibles. This one had its hinges toward the piano. As I stood up quickly to shift myself, the bench lid raised to my level. The suddenness of my upright stance shifted the bench contents to the other side and the momentum from the shifted load felled the bench to the floor, leaving my butt and flanges exposed to the world.  I've belted up ever since.

John (hal fassed) Lillico, RPT
Oakville, Ontario