George Gershwin's Music

Jay Mercier jaymercier@hotmail.com
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 14:59:17 PDT

Hey all,

Just played Gershwin's Preludes the other day - after tuning my own piano
with EBVT - these pieces have "life."

My question is this:  How many tuners on this list actually play piano at a
proficient level (definition: Bach Prelude & Fugues, Beethoven Sonatas,
Chopin, Liszt, Brahms to start)  If you do, have you actually taken time to
play different repetoire, from Bach to Cage on a Well-tempered piano?

I have found the only thing I haven't liked as much (not by much) on a
Well-tempered tuning are some quartal voicings for jazz piano.  Maybe I'll
find more in the future.  Otherwise, the Baroque, Classical and Romantic
repetoire I like to play now has soul. Even 20th century's Keith Jarrett's
Koln Concert is sounding better.  I thank Bill for enhancing the music in my
home and for my customers in the future.

Just my opinion,

Jay Mercier
Glenwood, MN