Buzzing U1

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:53:55 EDT

Just got back from a music store that  had just uncrated a new Yamaha U1.
When  I played  it I noted a lot of notes in the Bass that were
clanging/buzzing quite annoyingly loudly.  When I touched the strings just
next to the windings, the noise ceased. Of course, the string no longer
resonated as it should, but at least the clanging/buzz disappeared.

Not every note in the Bass did this- some next door "neighbors" were fine.
My suspicion is that these bad strings (15 0r 20 in all) are defective.  I
was not there to do work on the piano so I went no further than what I
described above. Any ideas out there and/or similar experiences with this
usually outstanding piano?

Bob Bergantino, RPT
Willoughby Hills,  Ohio