tuning

Sun, 11 Jun 2000 21:49:57 +0200

Grin... this is a case in point about how ETD's and Aural attention each on
their own, and especially when combined can be very valuable. I would guess
that you would find some holding point to each of the tuned octave types
you noticed. This would tell you very much about the style of the
individual tuner. And yes it is facinating. And it leads to more facinating
stuff about the total tuning style of a tuner. Whether or not one or
another style is more "correct" then another quickly becomes a much foggier
picture. In a sense we all probably "colour" a tuning each in our own way.
Within certain parameters, any talk of what is correct and what is wrong
has really little or no meaning.

I hope to get to the point where I can quickly idendify and duplicate any
tuners ET style and stretch. A daunting task really, but I think one worthy
of pursuing

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.