ETD Question

Sun, 11 Jun 2000 21:42:53 +0200

Leslie, I would have to aggree with your statement and qualifier. But I
think its important that equal weight are placed on the potential value of
the ETD and the neccessity of "arming yourself with knowledge" as you put
it. The reason I think this is important is that without making sure of the
"knowledge" half of the equation, the "tool" can potentially (and probably
does as often as not) cause more harm then good. That being said, proper
use of ETD can be ... invaluable.

Actually I get the feeling that most of us more or less aggree on this, as
far as it goes. We may find ourselves in dissagreement on how significant
one or the other point is, but on the whole I see proponents and skeptics
alike saying very much the same kinds of thing.

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.