ETD Question

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 18:45:07 EDT

kswafford@earthlink.net writes:

<< Come on, Wim.

 For years I and many others have been advocating combining the techniques of
 aural and visual tuning. The regular use of a VTD does not endanger ones
 aural tuning ability; indeed, it can improve one's aural tuning ability.

 Richard was pointing out a weakness in his VTD, so he obviously was
 listening to the tuning, as we fully expect. Because tuners listen the way
 Richard does, RCT (and I hope the other VTD's too) have had to get better
 and better over time. Aural/Visual tuning is a synergistic loop.

 Kent

While I fully support your views, unfortunately, there have been reports that
former aural tuners, who now rely on an EDT, have lost the edge to tune
aurally. This was my way of reminding everyone that we need to keep those
skills sharp by turning off he machine once in a while just to keep ourselves
honest.

Wim