Australian sold Yamaha

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 23:19:47 -0400

>Hi John,
>You obviously did not see a previous discussion, re wet or grey market
>Yamahas being brought in from Japan.
>Regards,
>John M. Ross
>Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Oh yes I did!  But that company wants us to believe that different parts and specs are used for domestic and exported product. Where the Ausie and Canuck pianos are exported from Japan, they've gotta have the same parts and specs. The only difference as I see it is Christmas in June. What's the difference whether a piano is in Windsor, Nova Scotia or Melbourne? They both use heat!!

But Juno and Miami?

Grey market pianos have nothing to do with climate. They even_heat their homes in Japan!!

The discussion you eluded to is called "protectionism".

John Lillico, RPT #2617
Oakville, Ontario, Canada