Bending rims... sideline from Re: Plate Bushings

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 13:25:07 EDT

<<I think I would call any large shaped device (in
this case piano shaped) >>

David;
 The "large piano shaped device" you see is a "jig" or form and it is around
this "jig" that the rim is formed, or "pressed" if we take Rons view. :-)
There is no piano shaped "vise" or 'single' matching jig for the outside of
the curved/flat sections. Rather there are a whole gobgillions of cauls and
clamps.
  I suppose you could say that the entire process was called "pressing" but
it ain't done by a "press" per se.
 Sorry bout your rain if y'all have had enpough...we could use a bunch of it
down here though.
Jim Bryant (FL)