carmen gentile

Arlan Harris harris@edg.net.mx
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 14:07:01 -0600

Dear Carmen,

As one of the many techs on this list that can performs the work you
mentioned within the time limits given, please allow me to comment.

We are professionals and perfom this work on a regular basis. I feel it is
unreasonable to request a video in exchange for 20.00 for a service worth
appx. 5 times what you are offering and without the added burden of
shipping and handling.

Please refer to the PTG Journal for additional info. such as tuning and
pitch raise educational videos, articles on the subject, etc. Also
reccomended is attendence of a seminar or convention class.

We are all involved with trying to make a living. Good luck to you.

Sincerely,
Arlan Harris rpt.

Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 22:36:30 -0800 (PST)
From: cgpiano@webtv.net (Carman Gentile)
Subject: Pitch raise time.

    -- This is a serious offer. --

  I am willing to send twenty dollars ($20.00) to any piano
technicians who send me a videotape record of them pitch raising a piano
in 20 minutes or less, and then tuning that piano in 40 minutes or less.
The work can be with an ETD or aurally.

  My offer has the following stipulations:

1. The piano has to be at least ten cents flat, a genuine and bona-fide
"real world" instrument in need of the service and not a model piano
specially prepared for the videotape demonstration.

2. The technician must demonstrate and prove the pitch of the piano
using an ETD before and after the pitch raise.

3. The technician must demonstrate and prove the tuning of the piano
using an ETD before and after the tuning.

    This offer is sincere and is made with all due respect and as
a tribute to the skill of my most experienced colleagues.

Carman Gentile RPT
Redwood Chapter
(707) 441-1017