"quite listenable, not perfect, but enjoyable" (was Re: )

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 14:55:23 -0500

>  I was attempting to determine whether Steve
> Fairchild's 5-minute piano tuning was ever checked for ACCURACY by ANYONE.

I was there when the record was made and I have the master recording
of the pre lecture and the three tunings in about thirty minutes.  The
purpose of the 5 minute tuning was to stress the structure not for
accuracy.  He indicated most firmly that the first tuning was
equivalent to a factory first tuning.

		Newton