SAT FAC numbers

pianolover@worldspy.net pianolover@worldspy.net
30 Jan 2000 11:43:48 -0800

hi all,

             I just bought a used SAT II which has the FAC feature, but I'm a
             little stumped. I set and stored my 3 FAC stretch numbers. After
             that I strip muted my piano (Baldwin 40" console), and when I got
             to A4, I noticed the cents deviation was 5.8! Souldn't A4 ALWAYS
             be perfect at 440? So I went back and re-entered the FAC again, (i.e.,
             tuning one string of A4 while the SAT is at "A5 and Zero cents",
             the up 1 octave to A6 on the SAT, then playing A4 again, but stopping the
             dots with the cents buttons) but each time, A4 was diviating about
             the same amount: 5.8 cents sharp.  Is this to normal for a stretch
             tuning? Can I adjust the SAT to 0.0 at A-4 WITHOUT throwing all the
             other calculations for the stretch out of whack? BTW, my 3 stretch numbers are:
F3= 17.1
A4= 5.8
C6= 3.6

-16 @ A0 to +32.4 @C8 is the low/high stretch.