Julius Bauer

James Grebe jim5218@yahoo.com
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 09:58:38 -0800 (PST)

Good morning all,
In the 1970's I restrung a Julius Bauer fopr a fellow
I was working for.  It was indeed a very heavy
construction.  As I remember the piano turned out well
and my employer was able to sell it very quickly.   It
would have been nice to see , if these "genius's"
could have carried out their work to a logical
conclusion, how that would have chnaged piano design.
I was just reading in the MPT Journal about the
history of the Conn piano and how Dr Kent had time to
study the background for acoustical ideas in
construction and by the time he was ready to put
thought into actions the company was gone.  So many
times has ideas been caught short due to deasth or
money.
Jim

=====
James Grebe--Creator of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups and Practical Piano Benches
Registered Piano Tuner-Technician of the P.T.G & Master Piano Technicians of America Rt 2 Box 275 Potosi, MO 63664 314 845-8282 or 573 438/2006 leave message Jim5218@Yahoo.com