"quite listenable, not perfect, but enjoyable" (was Re: )

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 11:36:59 -0600

>...In that case then "quite listenable, not perfect, but
>enjoyable" effectively renders the strict guidelines of the PTG tuning exam
>obsolete and unnecessary to go out and tune for the public.  True?
>Dave Hall

By your comments you are making it initially seem that you are under some
illusion that the PTG tuning exam is a prerequisite for permission to go
out into the world to tune pianos and charge for that service.  Doesn't
seem likely to me that you are that naive.

You must have another purpose in making your supposed connection between a
"quite listenable, not perfect, but enjoyable" tuning done by an individual
and the PTG tuning exam.

What is your point other than the appearance to try and mix it up?

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild