Intonation Trainer

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 19:37:23 -0500

Here's something to worry about:

Transposing is not taxing enough on the brain, now master transposing into
a different temperament. <g>

That'll separate the mean from the boyz.

Most string player I have heard already play in a different temperament.

Lawrence Welk: " OK Boysa, Let'sa try it agen in Verkmeista, but I think
we'll need two accordions to fill their part".<G>

I can see it happening.

The program does have its merits though, just taking a little jovial liberty.

a 1, a 2 .  . .

Jon Page

At 09:54 AM 01/28/2000 -0500, you wrote:
> [...]
>students to tune intervals and chords so they are pure, without intonation
>beats." Students learn how to play in Just Intonation (why an E in a C major
>chord has to be played lower than the same E in a C-sharp minor chord). They
>also learn which notes on their instrument are flat and which are sharp,
>learning to anticipate pitch problems and how to solve them quickly. Middle
>School, High School and higher education music teachers have strongly
>supported the development of Intonation Trainer, and are already putting it
>to use in their classrooms and practice rooms.
>
>     According to Coda's CEO, John Paulson, "One of the greatest challenges
>for any wind or brass instructor is to provide an aural reference in which
>students can hear what it sounds like to be out of tune within a harmonic
>context, and even more importantly, provide them with visual and aural
>feedback that helps them fix it. Intonation Trainer is really the first tool
>ever developed that actually teaches this challenging concept. For the
>students, it's as easy as listening for and eliminating intonation beats."
>
>     The first release in Coda's new SmartMusic(TM) Trainer Series,
>Intonation Trainer comes complete with CD-ROM software, an instrumental
>microphone, foot pedal for "hands free" operation, and a Teacher Guide that
>shows how to use the product in band rehearsals, sectionals, private lessons
>and individual practice. It also includes Intonation Chart Maker, an
>assessment tool that helps students analyze their own instrument and tuning
>ability. A printout of the student session can be created multiple times
>throughout the school year to document their progress. No other software is
>required to run the program.
>
>     Intonation Trainer is available now for Macintosh(R) and Windows(R)
>operating systems through music retailers worldwide or direct from Coda at a
>suggested retail price of $149.95.
>
>     Coda Music Technology (Nasdaq:COMT) is the world's leading provider of
>Finale(R) high quality music notation software for professional and amateur
>composers, arrangers, copyists, music educators, students and church
>musicians. The company is also the developer of SmartMusic(TM) Studio
>(formerly Vivace), the world's first Intelligent Accompaniment system.
>
>     For more information, contact Tom Johnson at 612-937-9611 or
>tjohnson@codamusic.com, or write to Coda Music Technology, 6210 Bury Drive,
>Eden Prairie, MN 55346.
>
>CONTACT:
>
>Coda Music Technology, Minneapolis
>
>Tom Johnson
>
>Phone:  612-937-9611
>
>Fax: 612-937-9760
>
>tjohnson@codamusic.com
>
>Announcement: America Online has added Reuters newswires to News Profiles.
>add Reuters articles to your daily news delivery, go to KW: <A
>HREF="aol://5862:146">News Profiles</A> and click on "Modify Your News
>Profiles." Then click "Edit" and add Reuters from the list on the left.

HREF="aol://1722:NewsProfiles">NewsProf