Help for a Heinzman grand

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:40:13 -0600

Hi Phil,
           I always remove the action it makes life a lot easier.  A few
tricks for this job. to make things easier for the first  time,

1. Clean the holes well with a piece of #20 wire, I also burnish the holes
with a very fine diamond coated file. Inspect the rear of the holes, with a
light and mirror to make sure there is no burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs, other wise
you will get quite frustrated.
2. Form the coil and precut a piece of wire to length with about a 12" excess.
3. Thread the wire from the tuning pin side, this part is easy, and slip
the coil over the pin.
4. Place the string over the bridge and hitch pin,
5. The loose end, make a slight kink as ifyou were starting to make a
becket, this will help to stop the end of the wire from digging into the
casting
6. using the angle of the first section of string as a guide, just slide
the string thro' the hole.
7. A flash light and mirror can be very helpful the first time you do this
job, shine the light down thro' the strings on to the mirror that is laying
on the key bed, looking down thro' the string you should be able to see
wgat you are doing,
8. Cut wire to size, and install on second pin.

Hope this helps.
Roger

Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.