D.H. Baldwin

David C. Stanwood Stanwood@tiac.net
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 08:01:56 -0500

Dear David and list,

At the upcoming CA State conference I'll have on display a Baldwin R which
had very heavy action. We improved the tone and touch by doing the following:

Capstans rolled up to front of heel
Strike Weight smoothed and generally increased into the full zone
88 Helper springs retrofitted - 0.70mm except at the top
Front weight reduced and smoothed to calculated specifications
(At least 2 leads furthest out removed from each key)
Helpers springs individually tensioned to final balance weight

The owner is expected to comment on the change during the last component
key balancing class.  Hope you can make it.

David Stanwood