Sticky plastic key tops

Dave Hall keyboard@cysource.com
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 23:06:19 -0600

At 09:36 PM 01/25/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>I searched the archives for "sticky plastic key tops" and came up 0 for 0.
>Who makes "goof off" and where can it be purchased...... Or is that just a
sideways shot at me?

>John Lillico, RPT,
>Oakville, Ontario, Canada

John,

It's absolutely incredible to me that not one of the multitude of replies
has mentioned WD-40.  I know that it's a swear-word to most piano
technicians, but there is nothing that takes off tape residue faster, easier
or safer.  Works on plastic keys with no damage.  Also works on wood and
other piano finishes as well as just about any other material you can think
of.  And it's cheap and probably sitting in your shop or garage right now.

Dave