Sticky plastic key tops

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 23:10:38 -0600

>Hi Gina,
>
>I searched the archives for "sticky plastic key tops" and came up 0 for 0.
>Who makes "goof off" and where can it be purchased...... Or is that just a
>sideways shot at me?
>
>John Lillico, RPT,
>Oakville, Ontario, Canada

Hi John,
Perhaps you should have tried "Icky stuff on keytops that is tacky and
nasty and kind of unpleasant". Sorry, it's late, and I'm weak. Actually, I
think the past thread was about "tape residue" if you'd like to give it
another try.

FWIW, and TWIMC, I was looking through the new Woodworker's Supply catalog
(1-800-645-9292) this morning, and ran across something both interesting,
and pertinent. How often does that happen? Anyway, the product is called
"Solvitol". It is used as a solvent for oil based finishes, is claimed to
be a good general purpose cleaner, has a very slow evaporation rate, and is
excellent for the folk who are sensitive to the evil chemistry of more
conventional solvents. This stuff is so benign that it's rated as a "food
grade solvent". It costs $16.95 a gallon. I haven't tried it, but it does
look interesting.

Ron N