in-the-home boring jig

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 22:05:50 -0800

A very precise method, but a bit slow, involves dissolving the
glue joint with wallpaper remover/heat and turning in a drywall
screw into the broken shank in the head or butt.  The drywall
screw is heated with a match or lighter.  Then with the upright
hammer head extractor and the clamp that comes with it
extract the broken piece.  I have tried this a few times but
always go back the 7/32 bit in a handle and eye it.  I believe a
detailed accounting of this method is in the Journal
somewhere.  I think it was developed my Margie Williams &
Mark Anderson in the Bay Area.

David Ilvedson, RPT