HTML

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 13:56:03 -0800

I just checked my settings and Outlook Express 5.0 appears to be set up to
send in HTML format.  It has buttons for HTML and plain text, but not an
option for both.

I haven't seen any of the 'double messages' that some have referred to, and
I don't receive a 'double' when receiving my own e-mails to the list.

Am I offending some by sending in this format?  Should I change it to the
"plain text" setting?

Anybody care to tell me what the difference is between the two, and whether
there are some who won't be able to receive the e-mails in plain text?  Or
do the servers that we are using (on both ends of this thing and in the
middle too) change the format regardless of our preset settings?

Not wanting to offend, but desiring to understand...

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA
btrout@desupernet.net