Asian Music Wire

robert goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 14:01:34 -0800

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where one might purchase
Asian music wire, (the type used on Kawai, Yamaha, etc.).  Are
these companies producing music wire in house or is there a
Japanese company producing wire, (i.e. Mapes) who does it as a
sub contractor?  If so is there a supply company that sells
import Asian music wire in the U.S. ?

When restringing Asian pianos I was thinking it might be
appropriate to attempt to use this kind of wire seeing how these
pianos have a higher tension scale, different sound, etc.  It
might be a good experiment if nothing else.

Thanks,

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV