sulfer vapors

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 12:40:41 -0900

Thanks Brian,
Between Patrick's smoke idea and your sulphur post ( I think that both =
are interrelated ) the strings do look like they are contaminated with =
both.
As the strings are not showing any loss of tone as yet they will be left =
alone for the present. As for the damper felt and hammers they will need =
attention soon as the dampers are starting to make a sizzle as they =
return to the string and the hammers really sound bright on the attack.
The strings should be easy to clean without removal with a Scotch Bright =
pad as you mention.=20
Thanks=20
Joe Goss
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Brian Holden=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2000 8:54 PM
  Subject: Re: sulfer vapors

  Joe  I can help you with the sulfur (spelt sulphur here) problem.  I =
live in a New Zealand city that is plagued with this problem in certain =
areas.  I have written a comprehensive article that I can send to you as =
an attachment.  Any others on the List are also welcome to have a copy =
if they give me their e-mail address.  Brian Holden bholden@wave.co.nz   =
=20