Kohller And Campbell click

Joseph Alkana jfa19@IDT.NET
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 17:32:00 -0800

Phil Bondi wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I have on my hands a noisy action - it clicks just as the key comes to rest on
> the back rail cloth.

Phil,
My face is red. You said grand action not vertical. Big oops. However...check out
the rep springs for the heck of it. They can click when the grooves are gunky and
clicks can occur on the bottom part of the spring where it tensions the jack
return.  Take a whippen out from a noisy key assembly and move the parts around, it
might help localize the problem. Anyhow, let us know what you find.

Joseph Alkana   RPT