Kohller And Campbell click

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:35:53 -0600

Hi Phil,
           If this product is manufactured by Samick, a good bet, will be
the knuckles that is the causing the problem.
A band aid fix and a means of isolating the problem.
Take a darning needle and work it between the knuckle leather and the felt
core. Roll the needle from one end of the knuckle leather to the other,
this will stretch the leather a little. Laterally needle the felt.
Try for results, if the noise is significantly reduced you need new knuckles.
Older models I think have Corfam for drop screw leather, another source of
clicks.
I have also found hammer tails too long, and clicking against the wippen
assist springs.
Let us know what you find.
Roger

At 04:44 PM 21/01/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all.
>
>I have on my hands a noisy action - it clicks just as the key comes to
rest on
>the back rail cloth.
>
>What has been done in the past to this action(grand) was all the Jack Buttons
>were changed, and that 'seemed' to make the customer happy for awhile..but
now
>she is unhappy again, and the 'click' is back - I needled a couple of
buttons,
>but that's not the problem.
>
>any ideas/suggestions for a Rook? .. I'm guessing the Whippen flanges need
to be
>re-bushed/re-pinned...?
>
>Rook

Roger Jolly