a newbie at bat

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:40:51 -0500

Hi Les,

You live in Houston and have to ask about humidity??

Several thoughts come to mind:

These pianos were not intended as performance pianos.
They were not maintained as performance pianos.
You did not take care of them over an extended period to know their
problems.
Using small pianos for a big piano venue is risky business, not yours.
The pianists did the best they could and so did you.
Even experienced technicians may well have missed potential sticky
keys.
I agree with the organist, you did a wonderful job.
Bear in mind, we, as tuners, are far more sensitive to "tuneness" than
anyone else.
We all bit our nails during a performance on pianos we don't live with
And even sometimes when we do live with the pianos.
You can't get your feet wet without stepping into the water.

You did a great job.

Go on to your next one.

		Newton