Steinway

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 09:59:30 -0800

I am using my Renner kit to choose parts for a 1920's
Steinway M.  It has the angled capstans.  I tried the angled
wippen and the upgraded shank and flange and could not get
it to regulate...specifically to let-off.  I tried all the other
shanks/flanges with this wippen to no avail.  If I changed the
let-off buttons with thicker ones I probably could attain
escapement.  I then tried the straight wippen and it regulated
just fine with minor adjustments to the drop and let-off.  I was
curious if someone has some ideas on this...

I mated the old wippen and new angled wippen side to side
and they seemed identical.

Thanks in advance

David Ilvedson, RPT
David Ilvedson, RPT