Counter bearing treatment

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 17:34:00 -0600

>I am still not clear on just what data you all will find most interesting,
>tho I
>have your last post on this.

* Me either, at this point. I'm not even sure what the function gives you
to chose from. Maybe a few test notes,  each  A, F, and C of the scale,
with a partial strength spectrum (??) for each, and cents pitch drop for
each when the second and third string is tuned into the unison. I'm
speculating that all this ties in to the soundboard assembly impedance, but
I don't have a clue how to make the connection by remote correspondence.
That's why I figured I'd have to do the chasing down myself. Still, it
couldn't hurt to see if there is an obvious correlation between measurable
partials structure, and this pitch drop. It's going to be more work than
I'd reasonably expect anyone to volunteer without me sharing the misery,
but if you find you have the time and don't mind, it might tell us
something interesting. At least I hope it will.

>Nor am I clear on how to present it. In any case
>I'll make a start sending this stuff off to you two as soon as I get rolling
>and
>you can comment on whats being collected then.
>
>Richard Brekne
>I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
>Bergen, Norway

Thanks, Richard.