First Nightmare Tuning

Tom Robinson tomnjan@bellsouth.net
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:31:53 -0500

Last week I was contacted to tune a Courier spinet for a local
supermarket chain owner.  Surprisingly, it was only 120 cents low, and
covered with decorative items :-).  Thinking this tuning might give a
boost to my fledgling career, I took extra care in readying the piano.
Everything progressed well until my back grew tired and I sat on the
bench.  To my horror, my pants stuck to the bench!  After extracating
myself I discovered the finish had turned soft.  All turned out well in
the end (:-)) as they were very happy with the tuning and were in fact
embarrassed by what happened.  I think I shall inspect benches very
carefully from now on.

Tom Robinson
East Tennessee