Mother & Me

robert goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 23:19:56 -0800

Hi all, I'm back from what was supposed to be Christmas
vacation.  With all traveling, last minute shopping, family,
ect., it was hardly a relaxation time, however.  Humbug!  Hope
everyone else had a good holiday.  Actually New Years Eve in Las
Vegas was pretty wild.

I have been off the list a bit longer than I expected.  When I
came home I turned on my computer to check my mail.  Suddenly the
system froze up.  Figuring it was just Netscape or one of those
"things" that happens sometimes I shut down and restarted the
computer.  At the desktop it locked up again.  Again I
rebooted...  except it wouldn't.  Again and again the system
refused to start.  Fortunately it is a new Gateway 2000 PIII and
fully under warranty.  I took it in to the local shop and was
informed the next day that the mother board was completely
cooked!!  The hard drive they said was okay.  Unfortunately when
they got it all together again the operating system was not
accepting the new board so they had to reformat the whole drive.
Yup... I lost EVERYTHING, much of which was very important.  And
the moral is... Buy a zip drive ASAP!!!  AAAUGGGHHH!!!!!
Anyway, I have a new mother now.  Let's pray she is a good one!

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV