Stocking The Tool Box

Greg Newell gnewell@EN.COM
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 02:26:34 -0500

Paul,
    I do own an Astro vintage '93 and I think it's one of the best cars
I've ever had. I had 2 Aerostars and one blew 3 transmissions within a 2
month period. The trans expert my mechanic buddies swear by told me that
Mercedes uses heavier parts to take the antennae up and down. The other
Aerostar has terminal cancer but is still with us unfortunately. They are
severely under powered anyway. As for the Chrysler products, I just don't
like them or front wheel drive. Much harder and more expensive to
service.  The Ford winstar has scored very high in the crash test ratings
but , I don't want to crash. It is also front wheel drive and , I think,
under powered. When I went looking, I wanted something where I could
comfortably and without worry put and action on the seat or fold the seat
down and put it on the seat back.
It does all this and has plenty of pulling power too. It'll even haul a
full sheet of plywood by just folding down the seats. You don't even have
to angle it in.
    If you end up getting one you tell that salesman I want my commission!
Seriously I do like mine.
    Greg Newell