Yamaha class

dale r fox foxpiano@juno.com
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 22:42:10 -0800

Greg,
	take only tools necessary for grand regulation.  You won't be doing any
tuning. Yamaha will provide you with enough tools to do the job but you
might be comfortable with your own spring tools and regulating tips.
Laptop optional as they will give you plenty of preprinted work books
with most of the info already contained.  Walking in to class is a good
way to get the blood moving in the morning.
Dale

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000 00:32:23 -0500 Greg Newell <gnewell@EN.COM> writes:
> Greetings fellow tech's,
>     This post is for those of you who have attended classes given by
> Yamaha at their facility at Beuna vista, CA. I have been given the
> opportunity to go in February and I thought you all might be able to
> shed some light on what I should take. The letter says regulating
> tools
> but does not elaborate on which ones. I have a rather heavy tool
> case
> that I carry around each day (why i don't know). Should I take that
> or
> can I pare it down a bit for the trip. I use TuneLab on my laptop
> and am
> used to taking notes and such on it as well. Should I bring that?
> Are
> there any things that I should study prior to attending? Any tips
> about
> the hotel or proper etiquette while there? Everyone I've heard from
> on
> this list in the past has expressed that it was a great trip for
> them.
> Would you , the reader, have any tips for me to help maximize my
> experience?
> Thank you in advance for your help.
>     Greg Newell

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!