Tuning it where it is

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 12:31:46 EST

In a message dated 1/9/00 12:55:52 PM !!!First Boot!!!, tito@PhilBondi.com
writes:

<< I don't feel that way anymore.

 I have tuned 3 in the last 2 weeks right where they were because of rust. I
 went through a detailed explaination with these customers as to why I was not
 tuning it to SRP, and they all agreed and were happy for the explaination.

I never bring an older upright up to pitch, especianly if it has rusty
strings.

I also don't give a three minute explanation to the customer. I just tell
them the piano is too old, and this is the only thing that can be done. If
you sound confident, and tell the customer what you are doing, without going
into detail, most customers will accept what you tell them, without question.
If you try to explain too much,they might wonder what you are trying to hide.

Just my thoughts

Wim