Kawai Muffler Removal

Ted Simmons ted@yourlink.net
Tue, 04 Jan 2000 06:15:59 -0500

John,
When I'm faced with a muffler rail that's difficult to remove at the
bass end I just leave it connected, remove the treble end and drop that
end down, exposing the treble tuning pins.  The bass end doesn't prevent
me from reaching the bass tuning pins.  To protect the piano's finish I
cover the treble end of the rail with my leather tuning fork sheath.
Hope this is clear.

Ted Simmons