Kawai Muffler Removal

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 07:18:28 -0500

There are enough variations on muffler bars that I can't remember all of the
particulars for all of them off the top of my head.  But on some, you don't
have to remove it at all.  If it can be easily disengaged, it might just
flip right on over so that it's still attached to the sides of the case, but
now laying across the back side of the action.

That being said, my usual preference is something like Paul Gates suggested.
Something like just pulling those little pins out of the side of the case
that the bar rotates on.  They're usually easy enough that it's a 15 second
operation once they're disengaged.  Besides, the things are flimsy enough
that they bend very easily with very little distortion when reinstalled.
(Now that I've said that, someone will run into the Mack truck of muffler
bars that won't bend! <grin>)

Best wishes,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA