defective actions

pianolover@worldspy.net pianolover@worldspy.net
29 Feb 2000 13:18:05 -0800

As usual, the collective wisdom on this prevails! Although I was not expected in today, I was at the store FIRST thing this morning with tools in tow. I informed the manager that I would repair the problem. I proceeded to remove the action (vertical) and identify the source of the trouble. Having done that, I regulated trapwork, which was in desperate need of adjustment, as was the hammer rail and some of the backchecks. The front rail pins on the badly sticking sharp keys (8 of 'em) were in need of slight forward adjustment. After all was fixed and working smoothly, I walked up to the manager, explained what I did, and that all was well.....then shook his hand and said "no charge." I did this for many reasons, but mainly to assuage any doubts in his mind that i can't handle repairs, and that I am first and foremost dedicated to my job. I know I made points. It felt damn good!

Terry

Get free Internet service and email at http://www.worldspy.com