Old Uprights

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 14:28:49 -0700

Whole heartedly in agreement with you.  I put one back together several
years ago that was the property of a man that thought you had to bring
the piano to the tuner for service.  Story is as follows:
Borrowed his next door neighbor's son's trailer ( made in metal shop for
hauling a couple of dirt bikes around )- and loaded that VERY HEAVY Bush
and Lane on.  His home was about 12 miles from mine ( before you ask - NO
- I did NOT know he was coming)  Anyway, someplace between there and my
place the trailer broke loose from the towing vehicle.  When he brought
its remains to me he told me:
1.  It was bad enought that he wrecked the piano
2.  Worse that he had damaged the borrowed trailer
3.  But, the worst part is that before coming the rest of the way to my
place - he stopped at his insurance company and filed the loss with them.
 The person that he had to report it to was his wife!!!!! :-((  ( I hope
they are still together )
Back to the piano - it was one of the best sounding "old uprights" that
I've ever heard.

John Fortiner
Billings, MT.

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 07:47:13 -0800 "Delwin D Fandrich"
<pianobuilders@olynet.com> writes:
> I have rebuilt several Henry F Miller uprights over the years.
> Unless my
> memory is getting as defective as the rest of my body, they were
> quite nice
> pianos.  But the one to really watch for is the Bush & Lane.
>
> Del

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.