drill bits

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 22:05:54 +0100

I would suggest if you feel you got the time, to (as you thought about)
first drill out with a smaller bit,  just a bit smaller then the size you
need for the final drill. This doesnt really take much extra time and makes
keeping the bit cool enough to an easy task. When doing this by hand you
find all sorts of methods. A round buble level set on the top of the drill
at the right angle is one I see a lot. A couple fellow I know take three
rounds of drilling. First with a very small bit.. 3mm or so., then with a
6mm and again with a 6.5 to finish. Overkill perhaps,, but it guarentees a
fine job. Different kinds of bits for different kinds of wood,, tho I dont
know the specifics on that, I have only dealt in delignant so far so I
havent gotten into all that kinda stuff yet. Good luck Greg... just take
your time and all will go well enough.

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.