warped main action rail?

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 18:11:55 -0600

Richard,

<<Question... did you tighten the action mount screws with the action
mounted in
an action swivel ?? >>

Hmmm...I did use that, but I do not think I had tightened the screws at that
point. Pretty sure I did not. I think that it was after I put the action
back in the first time because I remember tightening the bracket screws
later. Got kinda flustered at the whole situation, so some details are a
little fuzzy. Ever have that problem? <grin>

<<.. it is easily solved my loosening the action bracket screws just a bit
then re-install momentarily in the piano so that it fits easily, then take
out and screw tight once again. ...>>

I think I did this. The bracket screws are accesible with the action in the
piano, and I believe that I loosened all of them at the same time to see if
they would shift around at all to get a better fit. I will definitely do
that on the return visit, though.

<<if its a warp that is causing the problems you describe.. you'd think
you'd be able to eyeball the problem.>>

Eyeballing it was what gave me the idea that it was warped. Then again,
since I am a little warped myself, I might be crooked and the rail perfectly
straight. :-)

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS