Blasting!!

Larry J Messerly prescottpiano@juno.com
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 16:18:48 -0800

All this talk about Northern Exposure must have brought out odd ways to
damage pianos.

I have received a message on my answering machine that I have not been
able to return yet from a woman concerned about blasting damage to her
piano.

She said in the message that the road crews are blasting rock across the
street from her and that it has damaged her other musical instruments and
is concerned for her piano.

Anyone out there with experience in this area?  I have dropped a studio
piano on its back with no apparent damage(it is mine, I don't move others
pianos).  I have seen pictures of a Steinway in a destroyed auditorium
with part of a roof on top of the piano, damage reported was a cracked
lid.
Thanks in advance,
Larry Messerly, RPT
Phoenix/Prescott